Thursday 14 November 2013

LOOK MY WAY


You ask what is the problem. I wish I could tell you. We are tight, friends and may be much more. I am not complaining but that is where my problem begins. You see a friend in me, I see the man for me. You hold my hand just to get cheeky, I hold yours just to steal a moment of bliss. When you ask who I have in mind for a lover, I can't help looking away and coldly saying 'no one'. You want your texts replied just so we can chat, I reply each just because it is what I want us to do. Staying up worried about where you are and when you finally come a little lie about studying. We are so tight we don't do the simplest of greetings when in my heart I long for a long hug and a firm kiss every time I see you. You look for a date to the prom and I sit there and watch you wondering if you'll ever consider taking me. I know so well your type, but your type and I do not match one single bit. I listen to you all day whine about being friend zoned by a chic you totally dig and I can't help but wonder if you know that you do the same for me. You think am nice and pretty, I want you to feel I could make a nice girlfriend and a pretty spouse. You look deep into my eyes, if only you'd look at me with the other eye. I see how they flock around you, I see how happy you feel around her. I can tell the rate of your heart beat from the lust in your eyes every time she comes around. A tiny winy jealousy creeps up my throat but I remember, I am your friend, I gotta be happy for you. It is not that I have not learned harsh lessons before, just that the heart cannot deny what it desires. I could lie awake all night, just to watch how peacefully you wander into dreamland. Don't ask me who I like, because I can't answer it. I pray so hard that it is an infatuation, that it will fade or slip away eventually and hopefully soon. I love you and I love to see you happy, the reason why, I stick around to be the friend you always needed. As I watch each day the sun rise on your face, I stand some distance away, far enough not to step.on you but close enough to get to ehen you need me. I watch in sweet joy of despair as I hope you Look My Way before it all fades away.

No comments:

Post a Comment