Saturday 12 April 2014

Born in the Wrong Planet

As I walked beneath the dim moonlit subway, my third voice was a consolation. It kept saying, fear not, for you are a super natural.The gleam of hope that pushed me a stride forward gave me the confidence that I'd make it to dawn alive. I had heard of the lions, the hyenas and the inhumane but still my heart beat to the rhythm of a warrior. My voice had always been a whisper, ignored and let to pass by with the wind. The rustle in the bushes and the whistles in the wind sucked up in the cloud of oblivious as my mind body and soul soaked in the engraved thoughts of my past, present and future. The world was not homely enough but the after life didn't have much to offer either. I roamed the secret paths for fear of being devoured on the streets. A perfect disguise is what my whole life was about. Too many masks made is so easy to fit in so many places but a perfect fit did not mean perfect comfort. I gathered courage enough to one day open he window and peep outside. The stench of pretense was choking and the ridicule was heart breaking. An iceberg for a heart and a sword for a hand proved every handshake cold and every smile a perfect fake.Life is a struggle for every living body but life is a fallen star for a super natural that stands out different from the aliens in the planet of so called sanity. I only feel comfortable walking in the shadows of the rain drops. If you are different, you would understand this piece if you are not, you will be completely puzzled.

No comments:

Post a Comment