Wednesday 25 March 2015

The Beast in My Beauty (Natural Home Remedy for Skin)


I am not the makeup kind of girl. In fact I think I am the most natural lady I have come across. I do dreadlocks or short hair and my morning products basically consist of Vaseline petroleum jelly, a mild deo, and baby powder. I could say I am a lip balm addict.

I use baby powder to absorb extra oil on my face and Vaseline basically for my whole body. My allergy for scents limits me to mild deos for an option. I must say I am a lucky girl, I don’t sweat as much and I do not stench either so I get away fresh, cheap and easy.

My easy lifestyle is however starting to change and I know change has never been comfortable. The natural routines are not serving good purpose especially for the outbreaks I have been having on my face of late.


I’ve never had signs to alert me of my periods (so I don’t know what people mean by cramps). At first I wanted to assume that the extremely painful pimples, dry skin patches and black spots left behind were all related to the menstrual cycle but now I guess there is cause for alarm.

I have always used a certain type of lip balm a friend used to supply but now she closed down her business and I don’t know where to get it. I have tried a similar one, I’m told is of the same quality but my million dollar lips are now chipping. My lips are the most priceless assets on my face so I don’t think I want to play guinea pig with them.

Probably you might be going through the same problem and can’t tell what to do next. Many people give suggestions but you can’t just try them out without precautions…right? Personally my skin has a history of reacting to everything right from certain fumes, to climate, to water, lotions and even metallic accessories.

A visit to the dermatologist once was horrific, I had to drink aloe vera and still never got any results. I’ll definitely give the dermatologist a visit again.


However, before I go there, there are natural skin care routines that have been working miracles for me. Try them out, since they are natural, they will either work or not work but they can’t harm you.

Every once a week use these simple steps to get your skin baby smooth.

1. Cleanser
Squeeze an orange to get at least three table spoons of juice. Add about two table spoons of water and dip cotton wool into the mixture and spread it gently on your face in an anti-clockwise pattern. Make sure to reach all parts of your face, from the hairline above the fore head, to the ears, down to your upper neck. Let it be for about 5 minutes and rinse with clean warm water. Dub with clean towel.

2. Scrubber
Take two teaspoons full of maize flour, add little water until it forms a paste. Use this to scrub your face in an anticlockwise motion reaching all parts of your face. Do this for a minute and then rinse with clean warm water. Dub with clean towel.

3. Steamer
Boil at least two litters of water and pour into a clean bowl/bucket. Dip your face into the bucket and cover the bucket (with your head inside) with a clean towel. This is to ensure no steam escapes and therefore the water doesn’t cool. The steam should have a burning sensation on your face. Do not be afraid to inhale and exhale the hot steam, does miracles for colds too. Keep your head inside for close to 5 minutes then rinse with clean warm water. Dub with clean towel. (You can raise your head to catch a few cold breaths at certain comfortable intervals.

4. Mask
Drill a small hole into an egg and drain out the egg white (don’t use the yolk) Spread the egg white evenly on your face and let it for 5 to 10 minutes, it will do no harm. Rinse with clean warm water. Dub with clean towel.

5.Apply whatever product you use, for me Vaseline works magic.

You have a baby’s ass for a face in less than 30 minutes plus everything is readily available in the house or at a nearby retail store. I’m using this while I wait to see the doctor. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment