Thursday 14 May 2015

My Black Gold


A girlfriend advised that I take some painkiller
I felt like all I needed was a traditional healer
Involuntarily it now dawned that I'm a babysitter
I'd have sold so much motors if I was a car dealer
So much time invested in this.


Mirror mirror, oh please! whoever invented you
I stand staring, disturbed,without a single clue
Instead do you know how much alcohol I would brew?
If I could afford a lawyer I'll definitely sue
Stop looking at me if you won't help.


I remember the days when I'd wake up in the morning
Wash,tidy, eat and leave before you finished blinking
The cold winds on my head made me feel I was soaring
I could quickly catch up with the boys and go bawling
Oh now no one waits for I take too long.


You are like petroleum, almost priceless
A rare kind I can't afford to be careless
I love you because you are free and fearless
You grow so fast your roots I bless
You my darling HAIR


No comb goes through you
You are charged twice in every salon,
You cannot be styled in anyway.
People however admire you
I will be forever grateful to the gods of the land
For genes that people would give anything for.
You my lovely HAIR are my AIR





No comments:

Post a Comment