Friday 6 December 2013

Be carefull not to Take the Taken


I stayed up all night to wait for him,that was the night that followed the eve I waited in the rain for three hours so he would take me for coffee as he had promised earlier that morning. The last bus splashed muddy water on my white pure woolen coat, the coat he bought me on my birthday when we began seeing each other. I walked home in the cold drizzles and hoped he was safe and probably was just working late again."He should make up for it." So I thought, a sumptuous meal of lemon rice and baked chicken graced my dinning table as I finished the set with a touch of two red scented candles. "He should be here any minute now." I can't tell why I kept the hope. The Luther Vandros classic faded to the background of my thoughts as I went through my texts all over again. I still had the guts to add an extra text to the string of the ones not replied already and hoped beyond hope his boss got a bit humane.The reply must have taken the space route first and I didn't have all eternity to wait,so I called. He didn't pick, three times, four times, five times, a sixth would be a bother. Dinner grew cold and I only grew colder and lonelier. The clock ticked mercilessly and the night grew older all before my weary eyes. Just one last time won't hurt, maybe just a prick. The buzz went on thrice, finally he picked.
Hallo
Hallo mam, May I talk to Damien
He just stepped out,but I am his wife,I could take a message for him.
No mam, thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment