Friday 20 December 2013

His Birthday my Birthday Gift


I promised myself to make it different. I wouldn't build Rome in a day, but I'd swim the Pacific to earn his trust. As I looked at him my heart smiled, and skipped a beat. He was not torn, he was born, his face lit up like the moon on a cloudless night. He looked at me, I felt my eyes tear up. I could write him a song with lyrics from the passionate chamber of my heart, then put in a tune vintage, classic ...exquisite, I'd then sing each line knowing I mean each word. His eyes always held a touch of gold, and his smile diamonds only today it all came together to glitter and shine on the cutest of faces. His joy my pride, his sorrow my pain. His birth just happened to be my greatest gift. It gave me a friend and a brother. I pledge my loyalty, to honor our friendship, to love you and to care, to be the shoulder to cry on and to always be the one to wish you the greatest Birthday of all.

1 comment: