Friday 20 December 2013

He Found That He Long Lost


I sat next to him. I could hear his heart beat, this time with a different rhythm. His fingers would dance to the beat on his keypad, he could not bring himself to place his phone down. His face held a certain glow I'd never seen before. Made his pretty brown eyes stand out with distinct beauty, his cheeks glowed with natural blush and his smile I could tell originated from the debris of his heart. Every night I'd go on my knees to pray, pray that she be the one. The one to erase his miserable past and build his heavenly future. The one to hold him when he breaks and be the mother of his son. The one to make sure his sun rises and never sets. His voice would trail into a sigh every time he talked of her, his lips would break into a smile whenever he thought of her. I watched him toss in bed and play with his food. I could almost guess what he day dreamed about. He was and is the best I ever had, and his joy makes my heart leap for bliss. I hope beyond hope itself that she never breaks his heart because she will break mine twice. I might not be having the time of my life in my short life but his happiness brightens my day and illuminates my tunnel. I love him and I hope this time he found the love of his life. Funny how one's happiness lies in the happiness of a friend's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment