Friday 20 December 2013

Lion Heart


The world to me, so cruel and cold,
But on my feet, I stand head high so bold,
My mind runs free, but my hands tied and sold,
What I now see, I should have told,
But I choose to keep my peace

A heart I posses, wild like a lion,
As they chant, oh we head to Zion,
I draw the scenery, color it with a crayon,
I hear a baby cry, his name could be Brian,
Still I keep calm

Too many battles, none counted as victory,
I could board a shuttle, to life's big factory,
Where I hear dreams are shuttered,like a bakery,
Grilled and baked then served along with cutlery,
So yet again I choose to stay still.

I look into the eyes of a lioness,
We both speak the language called kindness,
I watch my favorite people leave my life,
I can't help question if I have been leaving a lie.
Peace my dear ones, I come in peace.

If you were born a grown up,you live to be one
You want to speak but do not know of a soul to share,
You watched a man you loved walk away in the arms of another,
You are so big, yet so invisible.
Your hands turn wood to gold, yet they still can't see your worth.
Live your life and hold your peace


No comments:

Post a Comment