Tuesday 3 December 2013

So Much for So Little



I offered a shoulder he could step on to reach for the heights. But when he got there, he forgot to stretch back and pull me up. Each day, I worked to build him but he subconsciously broke me bit by bit.I made him more of a man than he was, but reduced me to less than a lady. I am strong, I told myself each day, I did not notice the outer hard shell covered my crumbling insides and still I didn't know how to walk away. I was his pillar, his anchor, in fact his bright and shinning amour, but I was his mistress, am tempted to think his door mat too. I'd stare at the mirror no more, because the beauty I saw there before, is now imperfection he thought made me less prettier than the girls he would salivate for. Every time I get to the door, I wonder what his life will be like without me. To him I am invisible more like a a fairy godmother, or should I say jinni who grants his every wish.
I give too much, so much just for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment